Maple Leaf Homes with the aid of a computer aided design system (CAD) offers customized layouts to over 30 Retailer locations in Atlantic Canada and the New England States. Any of our designs can be modified. Our computer design system lets you make changes to any layout to suit your individual tastes in style, comfort and spaciousness without sacrificing energy efficiency. Superior design and high quality make our floors the strongest in the industry.
2 x 8 (24’ wide) or 2 x 10 ( 26’ wide and up) kiln-dried lumber floor joist at 16” o/c, double perimeter beams, 5/8” T & G plywood with an additional underlayment under the vinyl flooring means that year in and year out you’ll enjoy the luxury of quality.
Walls are constructed with 2 x 6 kiln-dried lumber, 16” o/c with full 2 x 6 top and bottom plates. Plywood exterior sheathing is installed to provide maximum air tightness.
Vinyl siding, shutters and windows insure a totally maintenance free exterior for the life of your building.
Engineered roof trusses with 4/12 pitch are designed for maximum load. (5/12, 6/12, 7/12 pitch is optional). 12/12 pitch is standard on Capes.
30 YEAR WARRANTY fibreglass shingles are installed to guarantee long-lasting good looks for years to come.
Underneath it all is the hidden value that makes the difference.
Compare the Difference
ALL BUILDINGS MEET OR EXCEED:
- National Building Code
- National Plumbing Code
- National Electrical Code
- Canadian Standards Association
- Nova Scotia Energy Code
- Applicable Building Codes
- State Energy Code
- National Electrical Code
- 3rd Party Inspection (PFS)
Every Maple Leaf building is built to the highest standards with energy efficiency as the prime directive.
All of our buildings are Energuide tested before they leave the plant to ensure you are paying the lowest heating bills possible. Some of our building designs carry an Energuide rating as high as 96. Maple Leaf Homes are recognized as the most energy efficient buildings on the market today. Our buildings feature:
- Innovative energy efficient designs
- Energy efficient Low E Argon windows
- Superior EnerGuide ratings = low monthly heating costs
- Central Air Exchange system to allow your building to breathe, so that YOU can breathe easier
- High efficient insulation of basement – ICF construction
- Plywood exterior sheathing is installed to provide maximum air tightness
- R20 Fiberglass Insulation in walls and R40 in ceiling
- Air Barrier, Installed Continuously Around Home
- All Openings Sealed with Caulking and Foam
- Over 30 convenient locations to serve you better
Maple Leaf Homes is the obvious choice for quality, comfort, value and experience.
If you find another building with better value — buy it.